PRICED FROM ZAR 1 550 000 – ZAR 4 500 000
The spectacular new Sayers’ Lane Development offers secure gated access and is situated within an easy stroll to Simon’s Town’s beautiful Long Beach, public transport and the village. The units are airy and light with quality contemporary finishes and view terraces. All units boast fabulous mountain views and the upper levels have excellent False Bay views over the beautiful Admiralty gardens. Sayers’ lane comprises 25 sectional title luxury 1 and 2 bedroom apartments ranging from:
- 55sqm – 70sqm and a fabulous Townhouse on 3 levels with outstanding sea and mountain views.
- 8 Ground Floor Apartments: * 1 x 1 bedroom 1 bath * 1 x 2 beds 1 bath * 6 x 2 beds 2 baths
- 8 First Floor Apartments: * 1 x 1 bedroom 1 bath * 1 x 2 beds 1 bath * 6 x 2 beds 2 baths 9
- Second Floor Apartments: * 1 x 1 bedroom 1 bath * 1 x 2 beds 1 bath * 7 x 2 beds 2 baths 1 Townhouse over 3 floors: 3 en- suite bedrooms and a large terrace
- Also on offer are 9 x storerooms, 6 x single garages 5 x tandem garages and 15 x parking bays
- The village of Simon’s Town was given its name in 1687 when Governor Simon van der Stel visited the area. In 1743 it was established as the Cape of Good Hopes’ winter anchorage for ships of the Dutch East India Company. That same year it was chosen as a site for a magazine, hospital and barracks and by the time the stone pier was built in the Harbour in 1768 the shore boasted a bakery, butchery, carpenters shop and smithy, as well as a residence for the Governor.
- The building now called Admiralty House has been standing since 1740 obviously with significant alterations to its appearance over the decades. In 1810 a whaling station was established in the bay. In 1814 Simon’s Town became a naval base and in 1875 it was ceded to the British Admiralty as a naval base. On 1 December 1890 the railway line from Kalk Bay was extended to Simon’s Town. The local economy received a tremendous boost in 1899 as the result of the Anglo-Boer War. By 1902 Simon’s Town had about 450 dwellings, most local residents were employed by the military or the dockyard.
- The world wars saw the dock employed as the assembly, refitting and re-fuelling base for ships engaging German ships in the southern seas. The base was handed over by the British government to the South African Navy in 1957. SAYARS’ LANE – is situated within the most historical area, steeped in history in Simon’s Town amongst some of the oldest buildings including Admiralty House; the Victorian Station (which is a landmark and the gateway to the Simon’s Town Historical Mile); Studlands which was built as a “Wine House” or tavern in 1897 by J.P.Eksteen and is probably the oldest building of its kind in South Africa. Yarra Yarra which was designed by architect Vixseboxse, is a pair of semi-detached dwellings built in the garden of Studlands in 1897 and Palace Barracks late 1700’s and converted to a South African War Hospital in 1900.
- Fore more info contact Mark Perks – 083 409 0354 – email@example.com / or Francis – 082 491 8537 – firstname.lastname@example.org